Places we have been.

Monday, April 14, 2008

It's been 24 years!

Oh! yes, that long ago since the last time I met my school friend Marizel back in my hometown Loreto. It was never in my dream that I would ever meet her again here in Toronto. It was through our common friend that I managed to contact her.

I had arranged for lunch together with Lovely and her family yesterday in our favorite restaurant Mandarin in Brampton. To keep an element of surprise, I didn't mention at all to Lovely that Marizel was joining us.

We left downtown Toronto at around 10:30am heading to North York to pick-up Marizel. It was forecasted that it will be a wet day but in contrary, a pretty sunny day. I was a bit anxious to see her after a long time. I didn't even realise that it has been more than 20 years. As we were approaching her place, I phoned her to meet us. It was a quite and pleasant neighborhood. After a few seconds, there she was! We gave each other warm hugs and really big smiles. I can't believe it, we finally met.

Thereafter, we drove to Brampton. I can't wait to see Lovely's reaction seeing Marizel. They arrived at the restaurant earlier than us. As we were closing in to the table, Lovely was trying to figure-out whom we were with. Voila! We went on with the usual greetings and big smiles. It was really funny.







We did a lot of cathing-up over lunch. Three hours seem to be not enough though, so we agreed to go somewhere. We found ourselves at this vast flea market. I don't know where exactly it was but within Brampton.





This place is so huge. You won't even know where to start. All we did was just a run through the shops, picking-up few interesting things we passed by. It's a nice place, really.

Then it was coffee time, we drove to the Shopper's World nearby. But to our dismay, the shops were starting to shut their doors. We didn't realise that it was already 5pm. Hoping that the coffee shops will still be open, we went to one of those but it was closing too. Tough luck, we were left with only one thing to do but to call the day off. From there, we parted our ways. We started to hit the road to North York to drop Marizel off and drove home. It was a great time. I know it won't happen too often in as much as we wanted to considering our respective schedules. Nevertheless, I guess everyone was happy that we made it.

0 comments: