Places we have been.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A glimpse of Toronto Pride Parade


The Pride Parade commenced at 2pm at the Bloor and Church Streets going west to the Yonge Street, down to Gerrard Street and headed east back to Church Street. Thinking that it will take sometime for them to reach the Gerrard Street, I left the apartment at around 2:30pm. However, when I got there the floats were already passing by and the crowd was too much. I attempted to go closer but it was just impossible. All I could see from where I stand were just the floats. No way that I could see those ones walking and dancing in the streets unless I would climb up to a higher location. I should have gone there early.

The floats were colorful, artistic, bearing different themes and playing lively music. It was really fun, worth seeing for. Towards the latter part of the parade, there were banners and streamers bearing messages for their cause.

See some of my photo shots during the parade.

No doubt, it is a must see event if you happen to be in Toronto during this season. Be there early to have a good view of the parade and be able to appreciate it a lot more.

0 comments: