Places we have been.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Herbstkonzert (Automn Concert)

November 10,2007, I was invited to watch the musical concert being held at the Eberthalle in Ludwigshafen. On my way to meet a Filipina friend, I met three Chinese students who are studying in Heidelberg. We had a short chat about their experience in Germany. Funny enough, when I was at the tram to the Berliner Platz station, a group of Chinese men were on board. They were talking so loud, I was asking myself, “Am I still in China?” (lol). My friend picked me up at the tram station and we drove to the Eberthalle.


When we got to the entrance area, there was a big crowd - mostly families. I must say that everyone was sitted orderly: no rushing, no pushing, no shouting. We were joined by another Filipina and her 4 year old son. We were sitted at the balcony giving us a good view of the stage.

The concert was divided in two parts: the first part was performed by the children (Grundschule) and the second part was performed by the middle school students (Hauptschule).The first part showcased musical renditions and dance performances featuring different countries. My friend’s 8 year old daughter is one of those who performed the ballet dance. I was very much amused with the children. The small ones were guided all through-out their performance.







The second part features the middle school orchestra. Awesome performance!
(This video was taken from Nokia N72)




After the show, my friend droved me home. But on our way it was quite of an adventure as we lost our way. Oh! I thought I can be a good navigator but unfortunately we found ourselves somewhere else. Luckily, she has a navigation system. After a few wrong turns, we finally arrived home.

1 comments:

hihi,how are you .hope more picture and words about your new life in canada.