Places we have been.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's getting colder!

A series of gloomy, windy, wet and cold days kept me grounded at home. At times like this , I do appreciate so much the weather we enjoy in the tropical countries.

When we drive out , I always keep my eyes on the trees around. The used to be green trees turned yellow and orange. Beautiful sight! Fallen leaves covered many of the streets and gardens. Raking the dry leaves in the garden has become my regular chore nowadays.

It is very interesting to know how people here prepare for the cold season. The garden alone requires a load of things to be done. All the plants in the pots have to be kept indoor. Those ones on the ground, some of them have to wrapped so it won’t be frozen and some of them we have to cut short and cover completely with the soil. Then it’s time to shop for winter plants and flowers. The cars’ summer tires have to be replaced with winter tires. At home, the wardrobe cabinets have to re-organised, the winter clothes and shoes out and the summer ones will be kept.

Have to say bye to these flowers in the garden.



The other day, with my mother-in-law, we went strolling around the city shopping complex. I had to keep myself warm enough. How I wish I could just grab a shirt, jeans and a step-in instead of wrapping myself with layers and layers of clothes (hehehehe). We had a great time shopping and strolling around. I took pictures of few interesting subjects.

0 comments: