Places we have been.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Holidays!



Christmas is here once again. It is going to be a "White Christmas"!

Last weekend we drove again to the Niagara-on-the-Lake. I was excited to witness the candle light celebration in the church ( a German Tradition). But due to the weather condition last Sunday morning, all activities have been cancelled. It's a pity! We ended-up staying inside the house, enjoyed the sight outside as the winter/snow storm hit the place.


The ladies' car got stucked in the snow. Herbert went out to help them.


Taking the dog for a walk


Looking out from inside



After lunch, we geared-up to clear the snow outside, something I always look forward to. Though for me it's fun but I realised how tedious it is to live in this condition for a couple of months every year. Anyhow, I am enjoying this experience.

We decided to drive back to Toronto early because of the road condition. It was really scary to be in the middle of nowhere, an ocean of snow with very poor visibility. Herbert was quite tensed as the road was so slippery. Along the freeway, it was really worrying to see cars stucked in the snow and abandoned. I was terrified to witness an accident. I can't believe what I saw: a car was just going in circle and the car behind it bumped into it. Oh no! We were just praying that we will arrive Toronto safely.




Fortunately, we arrived in Toronto after 3 long and stressful hours. Until today the streets here in Toronto are still covered with snow which makes it very difficult to walk around.





I am not done yet with my shopping list. I still have a couple of things to pick-up but with the street condition, I am quite skeptical to wander around. But I think this will not get any better in the next months so I have to plunge into it.

1 comments:

I saw news form TV about heavy snow in north america.so you live in the news from my view now,congratulations.Merry Christmas!